Thursday, April 16, 2009

This little piggy went to the food shop!

Another largely food entry so a big oops if you haven't had dinner. I haven't had mine fyi. :P



I forgot why mama and I went to Bosses because we already had lunch. But if I rmbr correctly, she I was craving Xiao Long Baos. Hehehehe!



Don't be fooled by the Vivocity address, the posh entrance or the fab fab view. The prices here are really not exaggerated. Lunch-time serves "dish-of-the-day" (which happended to be a whole fish!) at only $9.80 and the other dishes hover around the $20 range. Unless you order abalone or some other delicacy! -_-"



This doesn't look v appetising but its actually home-made fish crackers which are awesome! Considering I hv a bloody big ulcer, I couldn't stop munching!! Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very nice la!



Xiao Long Baosssssss, my favourite! :D



But since we couldn't just order one dish (will paiseh one...) we ordered frog porridge and my fav fav fav, 3-egg vegetables! Have chicken egg, century egg and salted egg in a v rich broth. Nice~!

Btw, ever wondered why frog porridge in Chinese is called 田鸡粥 and not 青蛙粥? I am wondering too. Hmmmm...

Mama also bought me alot alot alot of funny things frm Daiso and pretty oynx boxes and purses frm a furniture stall tt is going at 40% off!!!!! :)



On the Saturday before Easter Sunday, Zest, Serkee, Cheeleng and me went to Singapore Expo to catch a theatrical drama abt Jesus' crucifixion. I am not Christian but I went because

1) I was somewhat intrigued by the description of the play;
2) To give Tiffany face and not "pangseh" her.

Nevertheless it was fun. Learnt more abt the religion and was drawn into the whole "concert layout" of the hall. City Harvest Church is really rich!!! Haha. Anyway, the actors were brilliant! Cheeleng cried at the crucification part and I was fearfully watching through the gaps between my fingers. Gosh, impressed!

Maybe I enjoyed it more because I was seated between Zest and Serkee so I didn't get much of the preaching which is what I am really afraid of. Not because of the content of the messages but more so I stress over the pressure. :(



Very very knowledgable and very very very eye-opening. For the first time, I realised religion can actually be pretty cool. :) But don't worry mother (if you are reading this), I am still going temple with you nxt wk. Haha.



Aft the programme Zest and I browsed some other exhibitions in the area where I splurged heavily at John Little. Tsktsk, I hv been a bad girl. :( My drink is the yellow one and its supposed to be peach coke or something but I couldn't taste any coke. :((

Yesterday was pigging out day with Cheeleng. FOOD AGAIN?!



Her New York Fish and Chips frm Fish & Co.



My sinful but yum yum dessert because I had chicken rice lunch with mommy earlier.

Shopping at Illuma, middle road (my party shops) and Bugis Street, we were still not really hungry but its dinner time!!!



Her laksa. Fatty fatty! WAHAHAHAHA!



And my wanton mee! Looks messy but its the best wanton mee I hv ever eaten. SERIOUS! I always always eat this when I go temple. Its a special dark sauce instead of the usual ketchup. But pig lard alot... Fatty bom bom. :(



We were full but craving so we bought not 1, not 2 but 4 box of durians. Because 1 for $5, 4 for $10. Aunties at heart. LOL! One box tasted bad so the nice boss on his own accord, noticing tt we threw most away, gave us an expensive (easily $10) box. :)



But durians make us thirsty and hot so we adjourned to TCC for a cuppa of indulgence.



Her mint chocolate frap.



My latte with coffee jelly. :D



Reached hm late with a box of durians to pacify the mother and ended up eating it with her. Sighsss. Went back to my room saw 2 new sweets in my half packed luggage. Screamed to nobody in particular on who anyhow put things in my room.

Turned out Trixie bought me piggy gummies frm Marks and Spencer (because it reminded her of me *slap slap her*) and Alisa got me Hello Kitty sweets (because it reminded her of me *hug hug her*) and they bought the sweets SEPERATELY. Just coincidentally on the same day. :)

So because of all the snacking, its no surprise I feel fat. So I woke up at 6am today, went to the club (chlorine-free natural water, better for my hair) and swam for an hr in the freaking icy cold swimming pool. Got showered and weighed myself on the v high-tech digital scale and guess what?!??

I lost abt 2kg frm the last time I weighed abt a mth ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either I am aging (bones shrink) or my muscles (3 times heavier than fats) are degenerating into flabbiness. I am puzzled but 5kg to my ideal weight sounds wayyyyy more manageable than 7kg to ideal. Yay!



And reality check, I am really leaving for University of Queensland. No more waiting for NTU to realise my talent or SMU to give me a chance.

Paid whatever that needs to be paid already, decided on the departure date and is now booking hotels for staying a few wks before I get my new home. The days are fast ticking by and I am strangely starting to miss hot, tiny, Singapore. The thing is I HAVEN'T EVEN LEFT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To smile or not to smile? :X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home